We are excited to be planting a new church!
The Well in Ingoldisthorpe seeks to provide an open and accessible space to come and ‘drink deep’ from the living water of Jesus Christ. The worship at The Well has now begun on a monthly basis and will increase in frequency over the coming weeks. An important aspect of this vision is our upcoming midweek café, ‘Café at The Well’, open to the public, run by a Barista Evangelist.
Job Opportunity: Barista Evangelist
The plans for The Well are progressing well! Excitingly, the time is now here to recruit a part-time, paid Barista Evangelist to take The Well to the next stage of the church’s vision.
What is The Well?
The Well is a local church plant which provides an open and accessible space to come and ‘drink deep’ from the living water of Jesus Christ. An important aspect of this vision is our midweek café, ‘Café at The Well’, open to the public, run by a Barista Evangelist.
What is the focus of this new role?
The person who takes on this role will provide high quality drinks and have conversations with customers, incorporating faith and prayer with people, when appropriate.
Main roles and responsibilities:
To support the Ministry Team in the running of the Café at The Well including:
- Delivery of an optimal customer service experience
- Maintaining the highest standards of beverage quality and presentation
- Assisting with all aspects of the café, including making drinks, till operation, clearing tables, washing up and cleaning as required, ordering supplies and coordinating volunteers, always working withing food hygiene and Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring schedules for cleaning are carried out
- Be willing to attend training and being committed to developing skills
- Confidence to start conversations with customers and build a rapport over time with regulars
- A committed Christian wanting to serve the church and the community
- Friendly, confident and happy to start conversations with customers
- Able to manage various different tasks proficiently
- Committed to presentation, hygiene and cleanliness
- Ideally some experience in customer service but not necessarily in a café
The type of person who will fit this role:
To receive the full version of this job description and how to apply please contact the church secretary Pauline Martin on 01485 544561 or at email@example.com
Deadline for expression of interest/applications is Wednesday 20th April at 12pm.
Interviews will be on the morning of Wednesday 27th April 2022.back to home page